Skip to main content
Sustainability In Construction
- We are a proud member of the CCS scheme and committed to minimising the impact of construction on the local community.
- Our site accommodation is energy and water efficient, incorporating a range of sustainability features
- A minimum of 95% of our construction waste will either be re-used or recycled
- The project has targets for water and carbon efficiency, which are reviewed every two years.
- All timber used on our construction site will be sustainably sourced (FSC or PEFC certified)
Within Oval Village
- Green or brown roofs provided on all suitable roof spaces
- Rainwater harvesting system to provide irrigation to landscaped areas
- Extensive landscaping and tree planting will ensure the project achieve a net biodiversity gain of 179%.
- New cycle and pedestrian routes
- New community amenities and places for people to meet. This will include communal gardens, an open plaza, a brand new supermarket, and over 100,000 square feet of commercial and community space.
- Will provide over 37,000 square feet of play space for young families and their children.
- All homes will:
- Be energy efficient, with high levels of insulation and energy efficient appliances, fixtures and fittings.
- Be water efficient, with water saving fixtures and fittings.
- Have dedicated bins to encourage recycling.
- Have access to safe, secure bike storage.
- Have access to electric car charging points.